Stay Healthy for Spring 2021
The health and safety of our UNT community is our top priority. Please keep in mind the CDC-recommended public health strategies, including wearing your face mask, staying socially distanced, and avoiding nonessential indoor spaces and crowded outdoor venues, among others.
All faculty, staff and students are strongly encouraged to get a COVID-19 test and to self-monitor for 14 days before coming to campus. Use the self-monitoring form as a guide. COVID-19 testing is provided to UNT community members by:
- Curative, Inc. – Faculty, staff and students can get a free COVID-19 test through Curative, Inc. The testing is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday in the University Union, Room 381, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday in the Gateway Center, Room 52. To sign up for the free testing, visit cur.tv/UNTunion or cur.tv/UNTgateway.
- WellHealth – Register at gogettested.com, search for Denton or Frisco on the map and follow the “Book Now" link on the "Denton – UNT Union Circle Garage – Texas Emergency Management” or "Frisco - WellHealth" location and include the group code "UNT." Including the “UNT” code allows positive test results to be sent directly to UNT's COVID response team. The free testing is offered from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays, except for holidays.
- Student Health and Wellness Center – Students can learn the latest availability at the center’s website.
The CDC requires all air travelers to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test or recovery from COVID-19 before boarding flights to the U.S. from any international location. In addition, all faculty, staff or students will be asked to quarantine off campus for 10 days. International students who will be living on campus will be provided with an on-campus quarantine room.
- To report your international travel to the COVID hotline, call 844-366-5892 or email at COVID@unt.edu for instructions on their quarantine period or on-campus quarantine housing.
Please understand that UNT’s response to the COVID-19 global health crisis continues to evolve, so our policies and plans are subject to change when necessary as more information becomes available. As a result, please plan to check this site frequently for updates.
Latest campus updates
- Mandatory COVID-19 testing required beginning March 3 to attend events – An Official Notice from the President to students — Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021
- New COVID-19 testing sites at UNT – An Official Notice from UNT — Friday, Jan. 22, 2021
- Safety precautions in place for a spring start — A Message from the President — Monday, Jan. 11, 2021
- Preparing for a safe return for Spring 2021 - A Message from the President — Friday, Dec. 18, 2020
- Stay safe, keep persevering toward your goals - A Message from the President — Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2020
- Staying healthy and safe as COVID cases rise – An Official Notice from UNT — Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020
- A chance to win big prizes for getting tested for COVID-19 – A Message from the President — Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2020
- Please stay safe this Halloween – A Message from the President — Thursday, Oct. 29, 2020
- Remain vigilant in following COVID-19 safety procedures – An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, Oct. 8, 2020
- President Smatresk’s Reopening Update Town Hall for Students and Parents – Video and Transcript Posted — Thursday, Aug. 6, 2020
- Fall class options to support your academic needs — An Official Notice from the President — Friday, July 10, 2020
- Reopening campus with safety guidelines in place – An Official Notice from the President — Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Requiring masks to help keep our community safe – An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, June 25, 2020
- Changes to Fall 2020 course schedules — An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, June 4, 2020
What UNT students can expect this spring
Students returning to or arriving on campus this fall can learn more about what to expect – and what is expected of you to help keep our community safe and healthy.
Virtual and In-Person Services
Here is a list of key services and their virtual offerings that will help you make your fall semester a success:
- Virtual services: Payments by check and/or credit/debit card, general customer service questions, scheduling virtual appointments, submitting documentation and authorizing refund preferences
- In-person services: Payments by cash or money order, securing a *UNT ID card and appointments for assistance with billing issues for those outside Denton
* If you are a student needing a new UNT ID card, submit your request online. You will be notified when your ID card is ready for pick-up.
- Virtual services: Registration, transcript requests, enrollment verification, undergraduate graduation information, submitting documentation, obtaining records and proof of residency.
- In-person services: Currently, all Registrar services can be conducted virtually except for changes to personal, biographical information such as name changes, change of gender, Social Security numbers, and requests for notarized transcripts or diploma.
- Virtual services: How to apply for financial aid, types of aid/scholarships, eligibility, submitting documents and the Ask Scrappy chatbot.
- In-person services: Scholarship check endorsements. All other Student Financial Aid and Scholarship services can be conducted virtually.
- Virtual services: Engaging in the live chat feature, scheduling a virtual appointment, submitting documentation (meningitis), Apply Texas, admission requirements, and questions specific to freshmen and transfer students.
- Virtual services: information on the variety of needs for new and continuing graduate students.
- Our Tutoring and Advising offices offer virtual appointments but if you need to go in-person, please keep in mind that Thursdays are when their team will be available.
- All in-person, student-facing services will be open for at least five hours on Thursdays. Please make sure to call ahead to schedule an appointment and confirm their hours.