Staying Safe on Campus Amid COVID-19
Our first priority is helping keep our Mean Green Family safe and healthy. Please stay connected.
In the latest testing guidelines from the CDC, people who do not have symptoms of COVID-19 should still be tested if they have been in close contact with someone who is infected. UNT’s Student Health and Wellness Center offers testing to faculty, staff and students who have been identified by UNT’s Contact Tracing team as a close contact of a UNT positive COVID-19 case. Close contact is defined as being within 6 feet of a COVID-19 patient for at least 15 minutes. Call UNT's COVID Hotline at 844-366-5892 or email COVID@unt.edu for guidance regarding symptoms, testing and what to do following potential exposure.
To help ensure everyone has the necessary information to return safely, UNT’s Guide for Returning to Campus was created to pull together necessary resources and information for personal safety practices and guidelines for faculty, staff and students. Before coming to campus for class or work, everyone will need to complete COVID-19 Safety Training.
To safely accommodate some in-person classes, we are engaging in social distancing, which is limiting the number of students in each classroom space. We also identified additional classroom space so that we could teach more students face-to-face. These steps, among many others, will support the health of our Mean Green Family.
Students will not return to campus for classes after the Thanksgiving holiday. The end of the semester and final exams will be conducted remotely.
Please understand that UNT’s response to the COVID-19 global health crisis continues to evolve, so our policies and plans are subject to change when necessary as more information becomes available. As a result, please plan to check this site frequently for updates.
UNT established a COVID Hotline to help community members report and understand COVID-19 symptoms, testing information and/or results, as well as receive guidance on actions they may need to take following potential exposure. Individuals also can get help with questions related to COVID-19’s impact on our university operations.
- The hotline is not intended to be used for a medical emergency. In case of emergency, please dial 911.
Latest campus updates
- Staying healthy and safe as COVID cases rise – An Official Notice from UNT — Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020
- A chance to win big prizes for getting tested for COVID-19 – A Message from the President — Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2020
- Please stay safe this Halloween – A Message from the President — Thursday, Oct. 29, 2020
- Remain vigilant in following COVID-19 safety procedures – An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, Oct. 8, 2020
- Changes to the Spring 2021 Schedule – An Official Notice from the President — Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2020
- Student organization events and keeping safe message – A Message from the President — Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2020
- President Smatresk’s Reopening Update Town Hall for Students and Parents – Video and Transcript Posted — Thursday, Aug. 6, 2020
- President Smatresk’s Reopening Update Town Hall for Faculty and Staff – Video and Transcript Posted — Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2020
- Reminder: Reopening Update Town Hall at 2 p.m. — Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2020
- Thank you for the hard work as we move toward fall – A Message from the President — Thursday, July 22, 2020
- Great news for our international community and UNT – An Official Notice from the President — Wednesday, July 15, 2020
- Fall class options to support our students’ academic needs – An Official Notice from the President — Monday, July 13, 2020
- Fall class options to support your academic needs — An Official Notice from the President — Friday, July 10, 2020
- Supporting faculty and staff in the return to campus work – An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, July 9, 2020
- Reopening campus with safety guidelines in place – An Official Notice from the President — Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Requiring masks to help keep our community safe – An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, June 25, 2020
- President’s Reopening and Safety Town Hall – Video and Transcript Posted — Monday, June 22, 2020
- Changes to Fall 2020 course schedules — An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, June 4, 2020
Resources for more information or assistance
- Division of Student Affairs, 940-565-4909 or email@example.com
- International Affairs, 940-565-2197
- University Libraries, AskUs@unt.edu
- UIT Helpdesk, 940-565-2324 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources, 940-565-2281 or AskHR@untsystem.edu
- Child Care Options for Texas Frontline Essential Workers