In an effort to keep everyone healthy and to comply with Denton County’s stay-at-home order, UNT’s on-campus operations have been dramatically reduced.
The university transitioned to essential operations only and moved nearly every campus office to virtual service delivery as of 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 24. UNT Police say that if you are on campus after this time, then you must carry your UNT ID with you.
Learn how you can support UNT students as they continue to work toward a UNT degree during this unprecedented crisis.
What you need to know
In an effort to keep our community healthy and safe, and to help reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), UNT is taking the following actions:
- UNT is transitioning to only essential operations and will move all other campus offices to virtual service delivery by 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 24. UNT Police say that if you are on campus after this time, then you must carry your UNT ID with you. If your department has uniforms, wear your uniforms so you can be more easily identified.
- All instruction resumed on Monday, March 23. Students can learn about how each of your courses will be delivered at https://sp20classfinder.unt.edu/ and find plenty of tips about attending classes remotely at learnanywhere.unt.edu.
- Many faculty and staff have moved to working remotely. However, some faculty and staff are providing critical services to students. The university is encouraging an abundance of hygienic precaution be taken by individuals and enabling social distancing through online meetings and other measures.
- Custodial teams across campus are sanitizing university facilities regularly in accordance with CDC guidelines.
For some time, our staff, including doctors from our health center, have been meeting regularly and working with public health partners to provide information and guidance to leadership about the most prudent course of action. These efforts will continue as the university seeks to respond to the virus in a way that will help keep all members of our university community, as well as the communities we interact with, healthy.
Everyone is encouraged to take standard precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as well as any virus or respiratory illness.
Latest campus updates
- COVID-19 Update — Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- COVID-19 Update — Tuesday, March 31, 2020
- COVID-19 Update — Monday, March 30, 2020
- COVID-19 Update — Friday, March 27, 2020
- COVID-19 Update — Thursday, March 26, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Meeting your needs while you stay at home – An Official Notice from the President — Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- COVID-19 Update — Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- COVID-19 Update :Working together through this change — An Official Notice from the President — Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- COVID-19 Update — Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- COVID-19 Update — Monday, March 23, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Your safety is our priority — An Official Notice from the President – Sunday, March 22, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Begin moving to essential personnel only on-campus – Sunday, March 22, 2020
- Updated information on housing and dining refunds – Friday, March 20, 2020
- Texas Governor issues guidance on Executive Order GA 08 to university chancellors and presidents
- COVID-19 Update: Commencement Postponed – Friday, March 20, 2020
- For specific questions, visit Commencement Postponement FAQs for Spring 2020.
- UNT community won’t tolerate harassment - An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, March 19, 2020
- COVID-19 Update — Thursday, March 19, 2020
- Taking care of your academic needs amid COVID-19 crisis – An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, March 19, 2020
- COVID-19 Update — Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- COVID-19 Update from the President — Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Update for Faculty and Staff — An Official Notice from the President — Sunday, March 15, 2020
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Announcement — An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, March 12, 2020
- Latest coronavirus information for UNT community — Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- Coronavirus FAQs and Spring Break travel precautions — Friday, Feb. 28, 2020
Resources for more information or assistance
- Division of Student Affairs, 940-565-4909 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Health and Wellness Center, 940-565-2333 or askSHWC@unt.edu
- Emergency Management and Safety Services, 940-369-6153 or email@example.com
- International Affairs, 940-565-2197
- UIT Helpdesk, 940-565-2324 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources, 940-565-2281 or AskHR@untsystem.edu