Stay Healthy for Spring 2021
The safety and health of our UNT community is our top priority. Please keep in mind the CDC-recommended public health strategies, including wearing your face mask, staying socially distanced, and avoiding nonessential indoor spaces and crowded outdoor venues, among others.
Be mindful of the following:
- All faculty, staff and students are strongly encouraged to get a COVID-19 test and to self-monitor for 14 days before returning to campus. Use the self-monitoring form as a guide.
- Daily COVID-19 testing administered by WellHealth will continue at the Union Circle Garage. The testing is available with no individual out-of-pocket cost. To register, visit gogettested.com, search for Denton on the map and follow the “Book Now" link on the "Denton – UNT Union Circle Garage – Texas Emergency Management” location and include the group code "UNT." Including the “UNT” code allows positive test results to be sent directly to UNT's COVID response team. Testing is offered from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays, except for holidays.
- All faculty, staff or students arriving from any international location will be asked to quarantine off campus for 10 days. International students who will be living on campus will be provided with an on-campus quarantine room. To report your international travel to the COVID hotline, call 844-366-5892 or email at COVID@unt.edu for instructions on their quarantine period or on-campus quarantine housing.
- Please understand that UNT’s response to the COVID-19 global health crisis continues to evolve, so our policies and plans are subject to change when necessary as more information becomes available. As a result, please plan to check this site frequently for updates.
UNT established a COVID Hotline to help community members report and understand COVID-19 symptoms, testing information and/or results, as well as receive guidance on actions they may need to take following potential exposure. Individuals also can get help with questions related to COVID-19’s impact on our university operations.
- The hotline is not intended to be used for a medical emergency. In case of emergency, please dial 911.
Latest campus updates
- Safety precautions in place for spring start - A Message from the President (to faculty and staff) — Monday, Jan. 11, 2021
- Safety precautions in place for a spring start — A Message from the President (to students) — Monday, Jan. 11, 2021
- Preparing for a safe return for Spring 2021 - A Message from the President (to faculty and staff) — Friday, Dec. 18, 2020
- Preparing for a safe return for Spring 2021 - A Message from the President (to students) — Friday, Dec. 18, 2020
- Stay safe, keep persevering toward your goals - A Message from the President — Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2020
- Staying healthy and safe as COVID cases rise – An Official Notice from UNT — Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020
- A chance to win big prizes for getting tested for COVID-19 – A Message from the President — Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2020
- Please stay safe this Halloween – A Message from the President — Thursday, Oct. 29, 2020
- Remain vigilant in following COVID-19 safety procedures – An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, Oct. 8, 2020
- Changes to the Spring 2021 Schedule – An Official Notice from the President — Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2020
- Student organization events and keeping safe message – A Message from the President — Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2020
- President Smatresk’s Reopening Update Town Hall for Students and Parents – Video and Transcript Posted — Thursday, Aug. 6, 2020
- President Smatresk’s Reopening Update Town Hall for Faculty and Staff – Video and Transcript Posted — Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2020
- Reminder: Reopening Update Town Hall at 2 p.m. — Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2020
- Thank you for the hard work as we move toward fall – A Message from the President — Thursday, July 22, 2020
- Great news for our international community and UNT – An Official Notice from the President — Wednesday, July 15, 2020
- Fall class options to support our students’ academic needs – An Official Notice from the President — Monday, July 13, 2020
- Fall class options to support your academic needs — An Official Notice from the President — Friday, July 10, 2020
- Supporting faculty and staff in the return to campus work – An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, July 9, 2020
- Reopening campus with safety guidelines in place – An Official Notice from the President — Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Requiring masks to help keep our community safe – An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, June 25, 2020
- President’s Reopening and Safety Town Hall – Video and Transcript Posted — Monday, June 22, 2020
- Changes to Fall 2020 course schedules — An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, June 4, 2020
Resources for more information or assistance
- Division of Student Affairs, 940-565-4909 or email@example.com
- International Affairs, 940-565-2197
- University Libraries, AskUs@unt.edu
- UIT Helpdesk, 940-565-2324 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources, 940-565-2281 or AskHR@untsystem.edu
- Child Care Options for Texas Frontline Essential Workers