UNT has transitioned to only essential operations and moved all other campus offices to virtual service delivery. UNT Police say that if you are on campus, then you must carry your UNT ID with you. If your department has uniforms, wear your uniforms so you can be more easily identified.
In the interest of helping keep our community healthy and safe, all events will be canceled, postponed to a later date or, when possible, a virtual experience will be created.
The following university facilities are now closed to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Pohl Recreation Center
- UNT Child Development Laboratory
- UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center
To keep up with the latest information about UNT Housing and Dining visit: https://housing.unt.edu/content/covid-19-housing-and-dining-info
UNT has canceled or postponed all of its events in compliance with current social distancing and COVID-19 safety precautions. Below is a list of the major UNT events that are impacted.
- March 31 - President’s Lecture Series with Chef Bryant Terry
- April 2 - Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- April 3 - University Day
- April 4 - Big Event
- April 8 - Flight Memorial
- April 9 - Kuehne Speaker Series with Lou Holtz
- April 15 - Transfer Appreciation Day
- April 16 - Emeritus Faculty Luncheon
- April 21 - President’s Town Hall
- April 23 - Salute to Faculty Excellence
- April 24 - Honors Day
- May 8 - Graduation Block Party – UNT has cancelled the 2020 Grad Block Party.
- May 7-10 – Commencement Ceremonies – UNT has postponed Commencement ceremonies. UNT is continuing to review ways to still allow commencement to happen later in the year for any graduate wishing to participate. Whatever is decided, spring graduates will have an opportunity to participate in an in-person ceremony and cross the stage at a commencement ceremony, but you will officially graduate regardless of whether we hold a ceremony or not. As soon as we make a decision regarding these later ceremony options, we will share that information with our community. Read President Smatresk’s message to the UNT community.
- July 17-21 - The Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference – postponed to a later date.